Chemistry: A Molecular Approach Chapter 4 Chemical Quantities and Aqueous Reactions
Roy Kennedy Massachusetts Bay Community College Wellesley Hills, MA
- Scientists have measured an average 0.6 °C rise in atmospheric temperature since 1860
- During the same period atmospheric CO2 levels have risen 25%
- Are the two trends causal?
- One source of CO2 is the combustion reactions of fossil fuels we use to get energy
- Another source of CO2 is volcanic action
- How can we judge whether global warming is natural or due to our use of fossil fuels?